Recently, for some reason I have been having a couple rough days. I know that how our day goes is all up us, but sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong and you are just having a bad day. I have found that there are a couple things I can do to improve my mood when I am having a rough day.
- Eating comfort food– Okay, when I say this I do not mean eat a whole pack of Oreos. I mean that eating a bowl of popcorn or having a brownie may help to lift your mood. I do not recommend to do this every day lol. Just something to do when you are having a bad day to help lift your spirits!
- Drink tea or coffee– Whenever I am in my bed crying or sulking it really helps to have a hot drink. Even if it is just warm water I think that it really helps to warm your body.
- Indulge in Youtube videos or Netflix– This is personally one of my favorite things to do. Whenever I am going through boy drama I love to watch Tori Sterling or Nikki Blackketters break up videos, or if you are feeling down I really recommend watching The Secret on Netflix.
- Cleaning– I know that may be the last thing you want to do, but I promise that it really does help. Cleaning helps you have a clean mind, so you can focus on other things.
- Sleeping– Sleeping in a comfy bed is one of the best feelings ever. Sometimes all you need to help turn a bad day around is just a really good nap.
- Cry– Every once in a while it is good to have a hard cry. Crying helps release all your emotions, but just remember after you are done crying you have to turn right back into the badass you are. You can not keep crying all day long, you are better than that!
- Stay off your phone– If you are having a bad day or are in low spirits do not spend hours scrolling through instagram on your phone. More times than not looking on instagram or facebook seeing everyone happy will just make you feel more sorry for yourself.
- Make a to do list/journal– After you have got all your tears out pull yourself together and make a plan on how tomorrow is going to be better, or just journal down your feelings.
- Read an inspirational book– Reading an inspirational book or looking up inspirational quotes on Pinterest really helps to motivate me when I am down.
- Hang out with friends or do something fun– One of the best things to do to help get your mind off things is to do something fun or surround yourself with people you love.
Just remember that whatever you guys are going through it will get better. Always remember to stay positive and look on the bright side of things. I know this is easier said then done, but I promise it will help. I hope you are all having a lovely week.