O’ Valentines Day. A holiday that is all about love. This can be kind of a bummer to some of us that don’t have a significant other to share it with. Or at least we think it will be a bummer. Once I figured out that Valentines Day is about sharing love, and not just sharing love with a person you are in a relationship with, I realized that it really is a great day. It’s a great day to shower family and friends with love too! I have composed a list of things to do in order to still have a great valentines day, even though you may have no one to share it with.
*Disclaimer this post does contain a few affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links I may receive a small profit at no extra cost to you.
1. Do something for yourself
-This could mean something as little as you buying yourself a coffee, or buying yourself chocolates. If you have recently been wanting a pricey shirt or wanting to book a trip do it!!! This is the perfect day to splurge and indulge in something yourself.
2. Do something nice for others
– As much as self love is important this day, it is also nice to do things for others. It often makes us happy and feel loved when we do things that make other people happy.
3. Bring a coworker or friend flowers
– Flowers are a very popular valentines day gift. Bringing them to a friend or fellow coworker will surely brighten their day and will most likely brighten yours too!
4. Take yourself out to eat
– This is another great thing that you can do for yourself, and you never know you may also meet someone that is taking themselves out to eat too!
5. Watch a girl boss or funny movie
6. Celebrate Galentines Day
– Valentines day doesn’t have to mean celebrating a relationship. Instead, celebrate a friendship!!
7. Throw an Anti-Valentines Day Party
– If you just want to completely embrace hating valentines day, then you can also take this route lol.
8. Do whatever makes you happy
– This is a great day to do something you have always wanted to do, or just plan a day full of things that make you happy!
Remember whether you are celebrating this holiday alone, or celebrating it while surrounded by loved ones. You are loved and worthy of love. Don’t ever forget that.
Lots of love,
Ps. I am a sock fanatic, so I absolutely love wearing cute valentines day socks. You can find some here!